10.31.2008

Prix Pictet

I just saw the news of this big photography prize, the Prix Pictet. Apparently it's monetarily the biggest photography award around & this is the first time it has been awarded. "Water" was the theme and the shortlisted artists really did some interesting work. I don't have much to say about it other than I love how so many (world)views can be, and are, represented without ever being so overbearing as to detract from the art. It's a lesson I'm trying to learn. How do I get what I believe into my art and still make good (in this case "good" means "not shallow propaganda") art?


Check out the slideshow on the BBC site and tell me what you think. For all you local Arthausers, one of my copies of Aperture in the Arthaus library has an article on Susan Derges' Eden work. Read at your leisure.

No comments: